From E-coli to faulty car brakes, supply chain exposés to increased planning restrictions, obesity to deforestation, the consumer goods and retail sector faces issues that can dramatically and instantly damage trust, reputation and the bottom line.
Against a complex global backdrop of economic uncertainty, emerging market growth, ever-increasing commercial pressures, better-informed consumers, intense media scrutiny and the growing power of social media, companies face unprecedented challenges and opportunities.
Our consumer and retail team helps some of the best-known brands and corporations to understand and use both the hard (process) and soft (behavioural) elements of reputation management.
Regester Larkin by Deloitte is dedicated to providing practical and insightful advice and support, to help clients build and protect their reputation and their bottom line.
Representative assignments include:
- Providing a client in the convenience food industry with in-depth analysis of a developing public health issue and regulatory intervention
- Supported a company with its communication response following an overseas terror attack, with both a communication strategy at headquarters and media relations at the scene of the incident.
- Providing pre- and post-launch reputation advice and support on the perceived health risk of a new consumer product
- Designing and implementing a campaign for a retailer targeting national and local policy makers to address proposed changes to regulation
- Advising and coaching a multinational retailer’s leadership team through the design and implementation of a major restructuring programme
- Auditing global crisis communication preparedness for a multinational drinks company
- Developing and facilitating a crisis simulation exercise for a high street retailer